A catastrophic injury may be described as a type of injury that is so severe that it causes permanent disability or otherwise dramatically changes the life of the victim. Severe burns, amputation, brain injuries, electrical injuries, and spinal cord injuries are examples of catastrophic injuries. They typically require emergency treatment as well as ongoing care, assistive devices, rehabilitative therapies, and more.
Our Rhode Island catastrophic injury lawyers have experience with cases involving all types and causes of catastrophic injuries. This experience is invaluable in recovering the level of settlement or award that will truly cover all of a victim’s injury-related expenses, now and into the future.
Catastrophic injuries may be caused by:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including truck, car, or motorcycle accidents
- Construction site accidents, such as falls, electrocution, or vehicle-related accidents
- Defective and dangerous products, pharmaceutical drugs, and medical devices
- Medical malpractice, including surgical errors, birth injuries, or hospital negligence
- Intentional wrongdoing, such as in physical or sexual assaults
- Hazardous conditions on another’s property
Find out what your case is worth and how we can help you seek justice by calling (401) 200-4059.
Representing the Injured in Providence & Across Rhode Island
When catastrophic injuries are caused by negligent or wrongful conduct, the at-fault party can be held legally responsible for the victim’s medical care, ongoing treatment, lost earnings, loss of future earnings, emotional trauma, property damage, and possibly more.
Negotiating a fair settlement or winning a just verdict in civil court will provide the victim with a way to begin putting the pieces of his or her life back together. This is what our Rhode Island catastrophic injury attorneys work to accomplish every day.
Contact Decof, Barry, Mega & Quinn, P.C. at (401) 200-4059 for your free, confidential consultation today.