A catastrophic injury may be described as a type of injury that is so severe that it causes permanent disability or otherwise dramatically changes the life of the victim. They typically require emergency treatment as well as ongoing care, assistive devices, rehabilitative therapies, and more.
Most Common Catastrophic Injuries
Some of the most common catastrophic injuries include:
- Amputation/loss of limbs
- Severe burn injuries
- Electrocution injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
Our Rhode Island catastrophic injury lawyers have experience with cases involving all types and causes of catastrophic injuries. This experience is invaluable in recovering the level of settlement or award that will truly cover all of a victim’s injury-related expenses, now and in the future.
Find out what your case is worth and how we can help you seek justice by calling (401) 200-4059 or contacting us online today.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries may be caused by:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including truck, car, or motorcycle accidents
- Construction site accidents, such as falls, electrocution, or vehicle-related accidents
- Defective and dangerous products, pharmaceutical drugs, and medical devices
- Medical malpractice, including surgical errors, birth injuries, or hospital negligence
- Intentional wrongdoing, such as in physical or sexual assaults
- Premises liability, including hazardous conditions on another person's property
What Damages Are Available in a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
When catastrophic injuries are caused by negligent or wrongful conduct, the at-fault party can be held legally responsible for the victim’s medical care, ongoing treatment, lost earnings, loss of future earnings, emotional trauma, property damage, and possibly more.
Representing the Injured in Providence & Across Rhode Island
Negotiating a fair settlement or winning a just verdict in civil court will provide the victim with a way to begin putting the pieces of his or her life back together. This is what our Rhode Island catastrophic injury attorneys work to accomplish every day.