At Decof, Decof & Barry, we recognize that choosing the right personal injury attorney or trial lawyer can be challenging. Please take a few minutes to review some of this recent news about our Providence, Rhode Island law firm. In addition, there has been a lot of misinformation generated in recent years by those that seek to weaken the civil justice system. Please visit our Blog to learn more about our practice, legal issues, and the American civil justice system.
Insurance companies, large corporations, defense law firms and others have tried over the years to diminish the right to a fair and effective jury trial. Terms like “tort reform,” “lawsuit abuse” and “jackpot justice” are sometimes used without a full understanding of how well the courts actually work. Please take a few minutes to review some of the information linked to this page.
Learn the Truth About Medical Malpractice
- Lawsuits and Health Care Costs
- A History of Wrong Site Surgery in RI
- Doctors and Damage Caps
- Five Myths About Medical Malpractice
- The Truth About Medical Malpractice Insurers
- Medical Negligence and Civil Justice
- Reading List and Web Links
- The Truth About Defensive Medicine
How Lawsuits Keep Us Safe
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys
- How Lawsuits Protect Seniors
- Lawsuits and Corporate Pollution
- Safer Cars
- How Lawsuits Make Cars Safer
- 20 Tips to Protect Against Medical Errors
- Insurance Company Tricks
- The Ten Worst Insurance Companies
- Worst Corporate Conduct of 2017
Learn the Truth About “Tort Reform”
What is Forced Arbitration?
Forced arbitration “denies far too many Americans access to justice.” The Alliance for Justice has released a documentary, “Lost in the Fine Print,” that illustrates how the rules are commonly rigged in corporations’ favor. See three compelling stories by Americans affected by this injustice.