Jeffrey A. Mega joined Decof, Barry, Mega & Quinn, P.C. in 2014. A seasoned litigator, Jeff handles all aspects of cases in the areas of catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, medical negligence, and product liability. An accomplished trial lawyer, Jeff has tried numerous cases to jury verdict. Several of his cases have resulted in numerous settlements ranging from several hundred thousand to millions of dollars.
Contact Jeff today by calling our firm at (401) 200-4059.
Education and Admissions
Jeff graduated from Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude) in 2001. He earned admission to the bar in the states of Rhode Island (2001) and Massachusetts (2002), as well as the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island (2002), the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (2002), and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Honors and Awards
- Listed among “Super Lawyers” in Rhode Island, 2016 - 2019
- Awarded the “AV Preeminent Rating” by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings (the highest possible rating given by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review for a lawyer, established wholly on a peer-review basis)
- Recognized for exemplary service and commitment to the principles of the Democratic Party, honored by the Honorable President of the United States, William J. Clinton, Speaker of the Rhode Island House of Representatives, the Honorable William Murphy, and President of the Rhode Island Senate, the Honorable Joseph Montalbano, 2006
Memberships and Affiliations
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member 2001 - present
- Rhode Island Association for Justice, Member 2001 - present
- American Association for Justice, Member 2010 - present
- Justinian Law Society, Member 2002 - present
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group, 2016 - present
Notable Case Wins
$46.4 Million$46.4 million judgment for two employees at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while at work. The judgment has been recorded as the second-largest personal injury judgment to be won in the history of Rhode Island.
Confidential SettlementProduct LiabilityConfidential settlements on behalf of five teenagers who were ejected from a mini-van when it rolled over following a tire tread separation. One of the occupants was killed and four were seriously injured. Settlements just prior to trial after five years of litigation against one of the world’s largest tire manufacturers.
Station FirePremises Liability - Product Liability - Wrongful DeathJeff was involved with the Station Fire litigation on behalf of numerous clients who were injured or lost loved ones in the February 20, 2003 fire. The case involved numerous complex claims including premises liability, product liability, wrongful death, and others.
Comella v. State of Rhode Island, et al.Plaintiff’s verdict in case involving public duty doctrine and sovereign immunity issues following jury trial.
Scorpio v. Lombardi, et al.Plaintiff’s verdict in case involving permanent arm injuries following jury trial.