The purpose of a civil lawsuit is not limited to compensation for injuries, but also to help ensure that people and companies are accountable for negligent conduct. This helps keep harmful conditions from occurring again and causing additional injury to others. The personal injury and trial lawyers at Decof, Decof & Barry handle cases that make a difference, not only to our clients, but also to our community.
We work entirely on “contingent fee” arrangements, which means our clients do not pay any fees unless we are successful. We represent individuals and families, and never represent insurance companies or large corporations. Most of our clients have experienced the most significant injury or illness they will ever suffer, and therefore require the extraordinary experience, skill and dedication of our attorneys.
Review the links and pages included here to see the many types of personal injury, wrongful death and medical negligence cases we handle.
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death: Many incidents of negligence and wrongdoing result in personal injury or wrongful death claims. Our firm represents victims of personal injuries in Providence, RI, and MA, and we earned the largest jury verdict for an injury case in Rhode Island.
- Medical Malpractice: Healthcare professionals who fail to act with reasonable care can cause devastating injuries. Proving cases of Providence and RI malpractice requires a law firm experienced in handling this complicated practice area.
- Products Liability and Defective Products: Manufacturers are responsible for the injuries caused by a design or manufacturing flaw in their product, or items lacking the appropriate safety labels.
- Automobile, Truck, and Motorcycle Accidents: Motor vehicle collisions are a leading cause of serious injury in Rhode Island and New England. There are important things to consider that can greatly affect your case, such as the type of vehicle involved, the driver’s actions, and certain other factors that may have contributed.
- Construction Accidents and Injuries: The nature of construction employment means workers are at a high risk for suffering a personal injury. The law entitles some collecting workers compensation benefits to seek additional compensation.
- Aircraft Crashes and Malfunctions: Although rare, when an aircraft crashes the results are often fatal or very serious injuries. Several factors may affect an airline’s liability, such as pilot error, mechanical failure, or other causes.
- Professional Malpractice: Doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, architects and others are all held to certain standards of conduct in their field. Our lawyers have extensive experience in medical, legal, accounting and other malpractice claims.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A victim of a spinal cord injury suffers greatly. Our personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in these specialized cases.
- Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries and other types of brain damage create special hardships for the victim. Our personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in these medically complex cases.
- Birth Injuries: Some children suffer very severe injuries as a result of a traumatic delivery or negligence during the pregnancy care. These claims require extraordinary skill and experience, which we offer.
- Premises Liability: