When an avoidable death occurs because of someone’s negligence, it’s referred to as “wrongful death” within the legal and court system. The extensive experience our lawyers have accumulated since the firm’s inception in 1975 enables us to provide solid legal representation in such cases. If another person or a company was responsible for your loss, we can utilize our experience, resources and skill to pursue civil justice for you and your family.
Sometimes people think about wrongful death in the context of hospital or medical errors, negligence by a corporation, or a bad car crash. However, the breadth of situations that can result in wrongful death litigation is quite diverse. Some areas of wrongful death cases are the same kinds of situations as the events listed under our personal injury and other pages. The common theme is that the death may have been avoidable based on the actions of an individual or company.
Our Rhode Island wrongful death lawyers take on cases involving:
- Medical malpractice
- Defective and dangerous products
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Accidents or injuries on another’s property
- Inadequate security measures or negligent security personnel
- Airplane accidents
- Construction accidents
- General negligence
Contact us at (401) 200-4059 for a free, private consultation and review of your case.
A History of Success in Wrongful Death Actions
Although we cannot guarantee outcome or value, the following examples of past case wins provide insight into the types of death claims we handle, as well as our success in seeking compensation for our clients:
- A multimillion-dollar settlement on behalf of the family of a man who was electrocuted and killed as a result of a utility company’s negligent placement and maintenance of high-voltage electrical wires.
- A multimillion-dollar settlement against the operator of a day care center on behalf of the estates of a woman and her daughter, who were murdered after the center negligently released the child to the perpetrator of the crime.
- $1.45 million pre-trial settlement relating to the death of a collegiate athlete following a collapse during an athletic training workout.
- $1.8 million medical malpractice settlement on behalf of two minor children following the death of their father after poor treatment at an ER.
Call (401) 200-4059 to arrange your consultation with a wrongful death lawyer. From our offices in Providence, we take on cases throughout Rhode Island.