"In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law."
United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, Seventh Amendment
Insurance companies, large corporations, defense law firms and others have tried over the years to diminish the right to a fair and effective jury trial. Terms like "tort reform," "lawsuit abuse" and "jackpot justice" are sometimes used without a full understanding of how well the courts actually work. Please take a few minutes to review some of the information linked to this page.
Learn the Truth About Medical Malpractice
- Lawsuits and Health Care Costs
- A History of Wrong Site Surgery in RI
- Doctors and Damage Caps
- Five Myths About Medical Malpractice
- The Truth About Medical Malpractice Insurers
- Medical Negligence and Civil Justice
- Reading List and Web Links
- The Truth About Defensive Medicine
Learn the Truth About Your Rights
- 7thamendmentadvocate.org - Home of the Seventh Amendment Advocate Blog. Explains the history, importance and relevance of the American right to civil jury trials. The United States Constitution protects this right in our Bill of Rights, as do virtually all state constitutions.
How Lawsuits Keep Us Safe
- Dangerous Products
- Dangerous Toys
- How Lawsuits Protect Seniors
- Lawsuits and Corporate Pollution
- Safer Cars
- How Lawsuits Make Cars Safer
- 20 Tips to Protect Against Medical Errors
- Insurance Company Tricks
- The Ten Worst Insurance Companies
Learn the Truth "Tort Reform"
- Corporate Hypocrisy About Lawsuits
- The Truth About the US Chamber of Commerce
Let us help
Please contact one of our attorneys to schedule a free consultation. We offer clients a contingency fee arrangement, which means you pay no legal fees unless we obtain a verdict or settlement for your case of malpractice. We cover all areas of RI, including Providence plus the Boston, MA area and southern CT.