Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Attorneys
The attorneys of Decof, Decof & Barry are persistent advocates for the families and victims of personal injuries in Providence, RI, and MA. Our personal injury lawyers maintain a record of success that includes the largest jury verdict for an injury in Rhode Island. The following examples demonstrate our success on behalf of numerous clients. While every case is different, and there are no guarantees of success or value, these examples provide some insight into the claims we have handled.
Since the firm’s inception in 1975, our personal injury attorneys have handled countless state and local Providence, Rhode Island injury cases. Handling so many different cases has helped our attorneys amass extensive knowledge and trial experience.
Personal Injury Attorney Expertise
We handle a wide range of injury claims, including the following:
- Alcohol-related injuries
- Boating accidents
- Injuries to seamen
- Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Gas and electricity injuries
- Hunting accidents
- Inadequate security
- Child care negligence
- Slip and fall injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Past Success in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
- Confidential settlement, believed to be the largest personal injury settlement in Rhode Island, on behalf of a 13-year-old child, and her family, who suffered catastrophic injuries when she was struck by a motor vehicle operated by an intoxicated driver and owned by a leasing company
- Multimillion-dollar settlement on behalf of the family of a man who was electrocuted and killed as a result of a utility company’s negligent placement and maintenance of high-voltage electrical wires
- $18 million jury verdict on behalf of a 48-year-old woman against the owner and lessor of a motor vehicle that struck the woman’s car and paralyzed her. This verdict followed a precedent-setting decision by the Rhode Island Supreme Court in this case, that held that lessors of motor vehicles were subject to Rhode Island’s vicarious liability laws. See Oliveira v. Lombardi, 794 A.2d 453 (R.I. 2002).
- A multi-million dollar settlement against the operator of a day care center on behalf of the estates of a woman and her daughter, who were murdered after the center negligently released the child to the perpetrator of the crime.
Please read more of our personal injury verdicts and settlements by our experienced lawyers.