Medical Malpractice Attorneys
When healthcare providers fail to adhere to accepted professional standards, tragedy often occurs. Medical negligence cases, also known as medical malpractice cases, require extensive skill, experience and dedication. The Providence, RI medical malpractice attorneys at Decof, Decof & Barry have the knowledge and resources necessary to hold doctors, hospitals and other providers accountable for their medical mistakes.
Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Expertise
Our firm’s results from over three decades of medical malpractice litigation are exemplary. Our lawyers have obtained multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements against doctors, nurses, surgeons, anesthesiologists, radiologists, psychiatrists, dentists, and pharmacists—and with hospitals, hospital staff, and other medical professionals, as well—for the types of injuries caused by their negligence. These can involve the following medical issues and contexts:
- Pregnancy and birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cardiac/heart complications
- Emergency Room
- Nursing home
- Care of infants and children
Past Success in Medical Malpractice CasesDecof, Decof & Barry’s medical malpractice lawsuits in Providence, Rhode Island include the following:
- A confidential multimillion-dollar settlement, after three weeks of trial, on behalf of a man who suffered metastatic gastrointestinal cancer, as a result of a negligently performed pathology examination following the removal of his appendix
- A $28 million jury verdict and judgment—Rhode Island’s largest medical malpractice and wrongful death jury verdict—on behalf of the family of a 32-year-old woman who died as a result of the negligence of an emergency room physician at Newport Hospital who failed to properly recognize, diagnose and treat bacterial pneumonia
- Multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a minor child and his parents in a birth injury. The child suffered severe brain damage and cerebral palsy because of poor pregnancy and delivery care.
- A $2.5 million trial verdict where the jury found that a midwife negligently treated a young mother in labor, resulting in the wrongful death of a newborn infant.
Please see Our Record of Success for additional medical malpractice verdicts and settlements. Our attorneys remain devoted to serving the victims of accidents, personal injuries, and medical malpractice in Providence, RI, other areas of the state, and Massachusetts.