Construction sites and other workplaces can be dangerous places, and serious injuries can occur when other workers or supervisors are not careful. In addition, even when an injured worker receives workers compensation benefits, the law generally allows additional claims if a property owner, supplier or other subcontractor on the site has been negligent. Our Providence, RI and Massachusetts trial lawyers have extensive experience in handling construction and worksite injuries.
Construction Accident Lawsuit Expertise
We also litigate claims involving defective equipment and defectively designed structures and roads that contribute to worker injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fires and burns
- Machinery and equipment accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
The following examples demonstrate our success on behalf of numerous clients. While every case is different, and there are no guarantees of success or value, these examples provide some insight into the claims we have handled.
Past Success in Construction site Injury Cases
- $5 million settlement against a construction company on behalf of a man who was electrocuted and severely injured when a crane he was operating came in contact with high-voltage overhead electric wires.
- $4.5 million settlement against a general contractor on behalf of a man who was paralyzed when he fell through a skylight opening in a roof at a worksite.
- Multi-million dollar settlement against an electric company on behalf of a young man who suffered electrocution injuries resulting in multiple amputations, caused by the company’s negligent failure to supervise workers.
- A multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a worker who was severely injured when a truck he was unloading rolled backwards and crushed his pelvis.
Please see Our Record of Success for additional construction accident verdicts and settlements.