Brain Injury Attorneys
Traumatic brain injuries and other types of brain damage create special hardships for the victim. In addition, specialized knowledge is required to understand the anatomy and medical issues of a brain injury, along with the types of lifetime care, services and equipment required. The personal injury lawyers at Decof, Decof & Barry have extensive experience in these medically complex cases.
Brain Injury Attorney Expertise
Our experience includes work in the following types of brain injury cases, among others:
- Birth Asphyxia/Cerebral Palsy
- Trauma from falls and blows to the head
- Car crashes
- Failure to diagnose and treat meningitis and other medical conditions
- Negligent anesthesia resulting in oxygen deprivation
- Other types of traumatic and acquired brain damage
- Neuropsychological Deficits
The following examples demonstrate our success on behalf of numerous clients. While every case is different, and there are no guarantees of success or value, these examples provide some insight into the claims we have handled.
Past Success in Brain Injury Cases
- A $5.4 million settlement on behalf of a young seaman who suffered a brain injury in a fall from his employer’s corporate yacht.
- A multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a young boy whose infection was not diagnosed and treated soon enough to prevent brain damage.
- Multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a young girl who suffered severe brain and nervous system injuries from lack of oxygen when she was struck by a car operated by a drunken driver.
- A multi-million dollar settlement reached for a severely brain damaged newborn resulting from negligent misuse of a vacuum extractor during delivery.