Birth Injury Attorneys
Pregnancy and labor and delivery care can result in horrific injuries if the medical providers are negligent. Babies can be asphyxiated prior to delivery, resulting in brain damage and cerebral palsy, or suffer traumatic damage to their limbs if not handled properly. These cases are extremely complex, but the birth injury lawyers at Decof, Decof & Barry have extensive experience in these challenging complex cases.
Birth Injury Attorney Expertise
Our experience includes work in the following types of birth injury cases, among others:
- Traumatic delivery/shoulder dystocia
- Brachial Plexus and Erb’s Palsy
- Birth Asphyxia/Cerebral Palsy
- Placental Abruption
- Failure to diagnose and treat infections and other medical conditions
The following examples demonstrate our success on behalf of numerous clients. While every case is different, and there are no guarantees of success or value, these examples provide some insight into the claims we have handled.
Past Success in Birth Injury Cases
- A $3 million jury verdict against a physician and hospital on behalf of the family of a child born brain-damaged as a result of a negligent failure to deliver the child after the placenta separated.
- A $1.2 million dollar judgment following a jury verdict against an obstetrician on behalf of a child who suffered a brachial plexus nerve injury due to a negligently performed delivery.
- A multi-million dollar settlement reached for a severely brain damaged newborn resulting from negligent misuse of a vacuum extractor during delivery.
- A multi-million dollar settlement for a child that suffered brain damage as a result of failure to deliver when the monitor showed the baby to be under severe physical stress before delivery.